Big data means really a big data, it is a collection of large datasets that cannot be processed using traditional computing techniques. Big data is not merely a data, rather it has become a complete subject, which involves various tools, technqiues and frameworks.
Big data involves the data produced by different devices and applications. Given below are some of the fields that come under the umbrella of Big Data.
- Black Box Data : It is a component of helicopter, airplanes, and jets, etc. It captures voices of the flight crew, recordings of microphones and earphones, and the performance information of the aircraft.
- Social Media Data : Social media such as Facebook and Twitter hold information and the views posted by millions of people across the globe.
- Stock Exchange Data : The stock exchange data holds information about the ‘buy’ and ‘sell’ decisions made on a share of different companies made by the customers.
- Power Grid Data : The power grid data holds information consumed by a particular node with respect to a base station.
- Transport Data : Transport data includes model, capacity, distance and availability of a vehicle.
- Search Engine Data : Search engines retrieve lots of data from different databases.